Saturday, April 17, 2010

making my list

Making lists of bands in little notebooks, burned velvet davenport cds and a tape recorder from savers that is also a flashlight and a radio and has a little handle...I'm so glad medusa is just a couple crackstacks away on this west bank, it was nice to walk in the side gate with a cafe mocha. Cheers to this, bus ride to chicago in single digit hours, because I need a little adventure and I'm on vacation so the time has come to see what this megabus is that I've heard so much about. Soon I'll have in my possession a hard copy of kfai shows with friends, want to start that board certification course right now in bed (if only). Glad I talked to the deerhunter dude because I started to feel like my encounter with bradford was slightly off kilter but then I realized it was all in the cards of that evening. Anyway how many shows can you go to in one night? I find myself missing dubstep but hearing it in the exit of the varsity...dearling physique blew me away...the way he was moving his legs and each one of them posturing and the noise in my body because it was so loud and perfect. I want to just be there for all of this, its starting to fit in the strangest and most surprisingly comforting of ways. Figuring out the puzzle is half the joy. Maybe more than less is found in less than what I thought was necessary before and this realization is sweet. I decided tonight that from now on I'll only eat the sour mambas. I keep coming across ashtrays in thrift stores from best western hotels...if you're ever stoned and want to make something weird, go to savers on lake street and check out that whole wall of the plastic baggies they put together of random shit and pick some out. Today we found puffy stickers of mr. T, micheal jackson and lionel richie, along with a cool night light and a 1920's inspired photo book probably from the late 80's/early 90's. The cops are outside down on the street again, I hear the sirens. Incense and peppermints is putting me to sleep. Feeling better every breath and inch